winter1

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I LOVE everything!!


Life raising two toddlers can be super busy, stressful, messy, you get the point. My husband and I have tried to make both of our kids know how equally important they are to us, and part of our way of doing that is by spending one on one time with them. These are some of the sweetest moments that make all of the mess and stress seem OK. As I was putting Paxton to bed last night, he decided that he was going to tell me all of the things that he loves. He is a lover anyways, just a total sweetheart, but had never told me about all of the things that he loves. He started with his room, his bed, his pillow, his Buzz and Woody blanket, his stickers, his cars, running, painting, brushing his teeth, then he moved on to people. He said I love my mommy, I love my Daddy, I love Monet, I love Grammy, I love Jada, Nana, Bumpa, Leslie, Aunt Nell, Sophia, and on and on till he had named all of the people that he loves. Then he looked at me, and told me, I love your eyes, I love your hair, I love your cheek, I love your other cheek, I love your mouth, I love your neck, I love you chin, etc. This loving went on for at least 10 minutes. I was so enjoying hearing about all of the toys that he loved, his friends, things he loves to do. It was so sweet to get a glimpse into my little man's heart. When he was done, I told him, I love you soo much, thank you for sharing all of the things you love with me!! Then I said, it's time to go to sleep now. His reaction... I HATE the sleep!! I couldn't help but giggle.

2 comments:

  1. haha...that is soo cute!! He is such a sweet heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun.....loving life!!! The honesty, innocence and joy of a child, you gotta love it :-). Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete