winter1

Thursday, October 28, 2010

1 year aniversary

Typically, 1 year anniversaries are a time for celebration. However, today marks the 1 year anniversary since my Brother (in law) killed himself. This whole week has been really rough for me. The pain that he was in was inexplicable, but the pain that his death has caused his family has been unbearable at times. I have struggled with this death so much because it was so traumatic and sudden. I have been angry that this could have happened at all, and that his children (my niece and nephew) are going to have to grow up without him around. I have been angry that my sister (his wife) had to go through the delivery of their son without him, and has to raise their kids on her own. But today I want to try to dwell on all of the happy memories that I had with my brother, and not the dreadful day last year.

Scott was an awesome husband and daddy. I loved watching him with my sister and niece. His role in my life, though, was big brother. He had watched me grow up. He came to almost all of my basketball games for years, played games with me, talked to me, protected me and looked out for me. I looked up to him so much, and that may have been part of the reason that I also married a man named Scott.

Scott, you were an amazing brother, and support for me. I wish that we could have ended your pain without you having to take your life. The legacy that you have left behind is incredible, and I will always be proud to call you my brother. I pray that you are now resting peacefully in the arms of Jesus. Monet thinks that you and Papa are probably playing basketball up there together. Someday we will meet again without the pains of this earth. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment