winter1

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day!!

I have had the same Valentine now for 7 years!! Scott and I have been married for 5 years, and together for 7! We have gone through some rough times in the first five years. There were times when one or the other of us seemed to have lost our faith in God, and in the commitment we made to each other. Luckily for us, we have a God that carries us through the rough times, if we let him! Marriage is not an easy thing, it take hard work and lots of prayer! I am happy to say that we have come out stronger than before, more in love and committed than ever!! :)

This year on Valentine's day, I wanted to try to make it a special day for the kids as well, even though we all had to go to a full day of school. Here is a picture of my two little Valentines! :)
I packed them a Valentine lunch with things that we heart-shaped! Maybe a little corny, but it was fun, and they really enjoyed it!

These are hot dogs cut on the diagonal to make a heart with a spaghetti noodle through them and pieces of cheese on the ends.
They also had chocolate-covered strawberries and a heart-shaped pb&j (not-pictured)

Scott is generally not a big fan of Valentine's day.... But, I decided that I wanted to surprise him with a little something for just the two of us anyways. I told him that he needed to be home after the kids were in bed because I had a surprise for him! :)
The first thing that I did was prepare a candlelit dinner for just the two of us. We had roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic; rolls; a yummy feta, pear salad, and sparkling cider. For after dinner I had prepared some dessert for us, and a bed on the floor where we could relax, cuddle, nibble on goodies, and just talk!! :)
We had a really nice time. It was fun to have a little "home date", and the kids didn't even wake up!! Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment