winter1

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Missing my Daddy!!!

On February 11, 2006, I received a phone call at about 1:00 in the morning. The call was to tell me that my Dad had a massive heart attack in his sleep, and had died. The news seemed so unreal, and I remember immediately feeling sick, and screaming the word no! I was about 3 months pregnant with our first child, and had been married for 5 months. One of my first questions was, where is mom?? I had to go wake up Scott to tell him the news, and then rush to the bathroom where I began vomiting uncontrollably. The hour and a half drive to my parents house was the longest in my life! I was completely devastated and in disbelief at the same time. My dad was a wonderful man, with a huge soft spot for my mom and his three girls. I was the baby of the family and a total Daddy's girl.


This year marks the the 5th anniversary of Dad's death. It is hard to believe that he has been gone for that long!!! I miss him terribly, and not a day goes by that I do not think about how much fun he would have with my kids! My dad LOVED babies!! Jada, my niece, was only 4 months old when dad died, but he just couldn't get enough of her! He loved to sing "monster mash" to her!! :) I was lucky enough to have my dad at my wedding to Scott in September of 2005. He walked me down the aisle! We had so much fun that day! Dad always had a way of making me smile, and laugh!!! Here are some picture from my wedding where my Dad made me smile!

Practicing walking me down the aisle at the rehearsal:
Dancing at the reception: This was sooo fun!!! He was really nervous, but he was awesome!! I remember he asked me afterwards, "How did I do??" and I told him, "It was perfect, Dad!!"


Here he was biting a string off of my dress because we couldn't find any scissors!! haha

My dad was the best! Although I miss him terribly, I am so very thankful for all of the memories that I do have with my Daddy!!! Do me a favor, and hug your dad today! If you can't hug him, then give him a call and tell him how special he is! Life is just too short not to take advantage of every opportunity we have to tell those we love how special they are to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment